Monday, January 8, 2018

Organization II

Do you organize your crafting supplies? Do you sometimes buy something you already have? We've all done this. I now keep a list on Evernote. It's an app that I can use in both my personal computer and my phone. I keep separate file folders for:

  • Stamps
  • Dies
  • Paint (like embossing paste)
  • Embossing Folders
  • Punches
  • Stencils
  • Sequins (yes!)
  • Techniques and Tutorials
Each item I purchase gets a new note in one of the folders. I number them, tag them and add a photo.
For instance, I just bought the Barn Door bundle.

In the stamping folder I made a new note:
  • 978 SU Barn Door <- title of note, "SU" means Stampin' Up!
  • 2018 Occasions 145865 <- catalog and number
  • MATCHING DIE D234 SU Sliding Door <- note that it has a matching die and the Evernote number for it.
  • (picture goes here, cut and pasted from the web)
  • hello  <- I then type in a list of all the words and sentiments so I can search on them.I'm so happy to know you
  • may your troubles be less and your blessings be more
  • and nothing but happiness come through your door


And for tags, I put items that help me search on the pictures or sentiments. For this note, I put in "barn", "wreath", "door", "hello". For others I might put in "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations" or "Valentine".


I hope this helps get your 2018 in order!
Arden



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...