Sunday, February 18, 2018

Blossoming Basket

I love this new set.


It reminds me of a type of art that was popular in the early 19th century - Theorem Paintings. Theorem Painting was done by oil painting with stencils on white velvet. Theoretically, the young women were supposed to learn math from art. I guess that was early STEAM! (lol, because you rarely had over 3 or 4 numbered stencils!) I learned the technique and, while it's usually used for fruit baskets, sometimes it had roses in the baskets. The first step was to tea-dye the velvet. I used to try various types of teas and sometimes coffee. Coffee left some dots which was kind of neat.
Here is one of my fruit baskets.



For this basket, I "tea-dyed" the vanilla cardstock by sponging the card and added the grungy dots with Timeless Textures. The basket was first inked in Smoky Slate, then Versamark. I embossed it in clear embossing powder. I chose to emboss it so that the lines would barely show and I thought it might hold the watercolor in the lines.



The flowers and leaves were a whole lot of colors, practically every pink and green I own, aquapainted with the fine-tip brush. I also "tea-dyed" the lace ribbon by inking it.




I hope you find your inner artist and "Theorem Paint" this basket.

The basket is part of the new Sale-a-bration 2, available until March 31, with a qualifying purchase. The basket folder will be a part of the new annual catalog!

Shop now in my online store! Here's the catalog.


And the long list of ingredients:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...