Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Second Swap

Team gathering - 2.5 hours away - but why not?

The rules were:
SWAP - THEME - Celebrate the Everyday - anything from the Spring Catalog. 
    CURRENT SU SUPPLIES ONLY - that is anything that we can currently order from a mini or big Idea book.
    Please AT LEAST 1 layer and 1 embellishments

Soooo, I picked the Happy Watercolor stamp set and decided to watercolor the background, instead of the flower. And, since I'm missing California and the poppies, I decided if I colored it orange, it might even be one. I was also too cheap to make 24 of them out of watercolor paper, so I tried regular Whisper White. It worked!! So over several evenings, I colored and I colored. Each one is different - that was cool.


Here it is:



For the background I used Whisper White cardstock  or you can  use Watercolor paper. I 
colored with  Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Always Artichoke markers on Block D Clear-Mount block and spritzed  with water (in that order, spritzed a couple of times and rubbed on the paper. I didn't add any water to the Always Artichoke, which is how I got the spots in the grass. Let it dry. If you stand the paper up, you'll get some up and down movement of the ink, which can be good or bad.
Mounted on Calypso Coral , Always Artichoke,  and then on Smoky Slate. I stamped the flower onto Calypso Coral paper with Jet Black StazOn ink and cut it out so when it was glued on, it lifted from the paper (3D). The center was stamped with Jet Black StazOn ink onto Daffodil Delight. I covered the center with Crystal Effects. 

Stamp Set: 
  Happy Watercolor 13391

Tools:
  Stampin' Spritzer 126185
  Clear Block D 118485
 Ink:
Jet Black StazOn Pad 101406
 
Embellishment:
  Calypso Coral Baker's twine 125573
  Crystal Effects 101055

Paper:
 Whisper White cardstock 100730 or Watercolor paper 122959
  Calypso Coral 122925
  Always Artichoke 126972
 Smoky Slate 131202
 
Stampin' Write Markers:
  Tempting Turquoise
  Old Olive
  Always Artichoke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...