Sunday, March 4, 2018

Get Crafty!

It's March and Happy National Craft Month! Welcome to The Aartsvark Studio.



Loving this new Myths & Magic Suite in the Occasions Catalog. My upline gave me a Silver Mini Gable Box to create something with. I saw a castle!


sneak peak!




First I had to cut up the box to look like a castle which wasn’t all that hard. So I Got out my silver embossing paste and bricks decorative mask and embossed bricks on the front of the castle. Some masking was involved (see my Post It Notes and paper in the upper left corner). I let it air-dry for several hours then repeated on the other side.



I embossed both sides of the box. It's good to not try and emboss them so that they are super-smooth. They look more realistic with texture.



Now for the Knight in Shining Armor in the Magical Day Bundle. I stamped them with my NEW! Stamparatus (oh what fun!)


Magic Dragons in our house are always purple. My husband would make up nightly purple dragon stories for our children’s bedtime.  I used my Stamping Blends to color the dragon and the Knight and clear Wink of Stella to shine the armor. Then I cut them out with the matching dies.














I attached the figures to the bottom of the capsule box with a small L shaped piece of card stock.


 I attached the flame behind his mouth with a dot of Tombow.


Flags were made with a bit of Washi Tape on toothpicks. Hint: use Tombow to keep them sticking together. 


More Tombow to attach the toothpicks to the castle. 

and.....voila!


I think it could make a great Easter basket!

Now check out the rest of the blog hop. Next blogger is here
My supply list is below the list of names! Thanks for joining us.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...