Sunday, March 18, 2018

I CASEd the catty

Do you drool over that cake card in the Occasions catalog like I do? I love that flower and that background - WOW! Today I gave in and made it! It's not for the faint of heart. Worth every minute, or maybe a bit longer.

and the one in the catalog (ahhh)


The background is watercolored with three colors: Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie and Peekaboo Peach. I tried the stamp - nope, you need to watercolor on paper. I wet the paper quite a bit.


The cake is Pool Party. I'm guessing fondant.. I wet my stamp with VersaMark, then Pool Party. I embossed it in clear. That made the flowers stand out against the same color background.

That flower - I tried several things. Eventually I simply colored on the stamp with Calypso Coral, Tangelo Twist and Peekaboo Punch Stampin' Write markers.

The extra bits are pretty simple, just cut paper in your Big Shot. I stamped before cutting the two flowers and leaf.

I think the cake must be on a copper or gold cake stand. After putting so much work on the cake, I decided it should be gold! Copper might compliment the peaches better. I cut the banners by hand.


This is a beautiful suite. Admit it, you want to make it too! I encourage you to try lots of designs!

And the long list of supplies:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...