Sunday, September 13, 2015

Birch Trees in Watercolor

This Woodlands Textured TIEF is insanely addictive. I'm not ready for snow, but these are really fund to do!

Today my challenge was to hide my brayer and see if I could make the background using watercolors. Here's my first card below.


To get the colors in the trees, I inked the horizontal markings by hand with with my Stampin' Write marker in Early Espresso. I "blew" on it and then embossed the Watercolor Paper.

Then I watercolored the sky with Soft Sky reinker. The birds are from the Sheltering Tree stamp set (much more friendly than the ravens in the bundle, don't you think?)  are hand-cut and placed with dimensionals. I used Dazzling Details for snow on the trees.

I then did a second version of the card, which I really like. The background on this one is Marina Mist and Soft Sky. I like the contrast.


Recipe for the first one:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...