Monday, September 7, 2015

Spooky Trees

I'm in a Halloween mood this week - maybe all month! I decided to see if I could get a moon in among the branches of the Woodland Textured Embossing Folder.


To achieve this effect, I first embossed the Crushed Curry paper with the Embossing Folder. I carefully placed the card in the folder so that I could have room for the raven to sit on the branch in front of the moon. I ended up making 10 of these and so I marked the spot with painter's tape.

Then I cut out a 2" circle in scrap paper with my 2" paper punch and cut a flat side with scissors. I lined up the flat side against the trees and just sponged the card around the moon with Crumb Cake. I wanted it to be darker on the right side. To color the trees and branches on the moon, I carefully used a Q-tip lightly dipped in the ink.

Then stamped the raven in the moon.

I stamped a Spooky from the Among the Branches stamp set with Delightful Dijon and then came back and put in black eyes and cut it out with a 2" paper punch. I adhered the Spooky circle with dimensionals.

The leaves were inked with one color marker and then I "pounced" on the stamp with another marker to make it look like fall leaves.

The Spider Web is oh so easy to  glue on with the new fine tip glue pen.

thanks for looking!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...