Saturday, September 5, 2015

Watercolor Block Stamping

It's one of those months that I don't want to read Facebook. I found out two friends died from their pages and then another one from email. So I needed to get a few Sympathy cards done. I decided that it was time to learn how to do Acrylic Block stamping. You can't be sad and do Acrylic Block Stamping.

 Basically I colored with my Stampin' Write markers onto an Acrylic block. For this one I used Real Raspberry and Old Olive. Then I spritzed it with water and pressed it on white paper. I did try both the regular and thick Whisper White cardstock. The thick cardstock worked best without rippling when it dried. I'm pretty sure watercolor paper would work very well. Then I let the ink dry or heat dried it.This is really fun - you can't stop making the backgrounds once you start!
Next I stamped onto the paper. Sometimes I used a piece of scrap paper to mask off the bottom so I could put a sentiment there. I stamped off before stamping to create a shadow effect.

A second version - my favorite I think: Elegant Eggplant, Crumb Cake and Delightful Dijon. I used Very Vanilla for the background.


Here's the items I used in both cards:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

and a little fun sign I found in Front Royal, VA this weekend:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...